Wreck - It - Wednesday: More Pages Wrecked!

5/31/2017 05:41:00 AM

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



Today, I will be sharing again a series of wrecked pages from my Wreck This Journal by Keri Smith. If you're not familiar with this book, it's actually a journal that contains a series of creative prompts which encourages you to release your creativity by following (or NOT) the instructions found on each page of the book. I mean, how can it be not fun, right?

I have this journal for ages and yes, I am still not done because I am such a slacker. If you want to see the other pages I have completed, you can view them on my previous blog posts, here and here.

Let's begin with one of my favorite pages and the one I enjoyed doing the most.


COLOR THIS ENTIRE PAGE

I took an inspiration from a melted crayon artwork using crayons and a blow dryer. I thought it would be perfect for this particular page and it turned out great! This page actually has 1.2K re-pins on my Wreck This Journal Pinterest board. If you wanna know how I did this, here is a tutorial I found on the web.


The Shapeshifting Cat - Wreck This Journal Ideas

STAND HERE.
(WIPE YOUR FEET, JUMP UP AND DOWN.)


I jumped up and down on this page but because my shoes were fairly new, it did not leave shoe impressions enough to be seen on my journal. So what I did was to print the photo from my phone and taped it on the actual page. I decided to do this style for some of the pages too.


The Shapeshifting Cat - Wreck This Journal Ideas
My Instagram Photo



The Shapeshifting Cat - Wreck This Journal Ideas
I printed the photo and taped it on the page.


THIS SPACE IS DEDICATED TO INTERNAL MONOLOGUE

I really enjoyed doing this one because I experimented with a lot of lettering styles. I think it was the time when I tried hand-lettering again after I broke my right hand. I was told by my doctor to practice writing again because I am right-handed and the injury has caused me a lot of difficulties in writing. So I decided that I'd rekindle my love for hand-lettering as part of my therapy.


The Shapeshifting Cat - Wreck This Journal Ideas
PICK UP THE JOURNAL WITHOUT USING YOUR HANDS

Look, Mom, no hands!! HAHAHA It's unsanitary and for a germ-freak like me, this was hard to accomplish. I thought of using my feet, but where's the challenge, right?



The Shapeshifting Cat - Wreck This Journal Ideas

PRESS LEAVES AND OTHER FOUND THINGS

The flowers and leaves I got from my trip to Baguio where sunflowers are grown. I saw this flower laying on the ground and felt a bit sad that it was picked but left there to wither. So I picked it up and made it part of my journal. The already dried flowers were from my boyfriend. ❤️



How do I get inspirations?

I bring my journal everywhere! You'll never know when an inspiration strikes. It is actually one of my travel essentials aside from my camera. And also, don't rush in finishing your journal, there's no deadline to it. It's not a day to day journal, it has no dates, but you can do so. Remember, there are no rules and if there are rules, you gotta break them. Got it? There, I love that smile, you rebel!


My journal and my Holga camera are my favorite travel buddy


Are you into this Wreck This Journal, too? Let me know your thoughts on my ideas and share yours as well in the comment box below.


Till next wrecking time!
xx



Inspired By This Post? Don't Forget To Pin! :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

What I'm Loving Now

Featured Post

How to Achieve Silver Grey Hair at Home